How to Open a Pomegranate the Easy Way
Are you getting your pomegranates ready for Rosh Hashanah? Learn how to open pomegranates fast and easy without making a mess
This is by far the easiest and fastest way to get the arils out of a pomegranate.
- Run a small sharp knife around the fruit trying not to pierce any arils. Don’t just cut straight through because then this gets really, seriously messy.
- Carefully open the fruit in two halves.
- Take other of the halves on your palm, seeds facing down. Place your hand holding the fruit in a large bowl and open your fingers a little.
- Start whacking the fruit with a wooden spoon until all arils are fallen out. This will take less than a minute.
- Pick all the white parts from the arils.