1. Did you know that in an 80 yearlong study tracking 200,000 ostriches not one ostrich was seen putting his head in the sand?
2. Did you know that according to research of American economic research institutes 27% of the total food produced in western countries goes into the garbage without being eaten? This food is enough to feed the 1.2 billion people in the world suffering from starvation.
3. Did you know items made of pure silver are not made of pure silver? Pure silver is too soft and that’s why silver we use is sterling 925 which is 92.5% silver and 7.5% copper.
4. Did you know that the Celsius thermometer was really made backwards? Anders Celsius strangely chose 00 C as boiling point of water and 1000 C as freezing point! Only after his death did scientists turn the numbers around!
5. Did you know honey is probably the only food that doesn’t spoil? Archeologists found honey in jugs from the time of the Egyptian Pharaoh’s and it was edible!
6. Did you know a camel has 3 sets of eyelids? This is to protect them from the sands blowing in the desert from blasting their eyes.
7. Did you know the custom of shaking someone’s hand was originally to ascertain he wasn’t carrying a concealed weapon? Holding someone’s hand with two hands showed his hands were empty and shaking the hands up and down would show there was no weapon up his sleeves.