1. Apples have a very low percentage of proteins and fats, and as we know, excess fat and protein is one of the main causes for disease in our generation of abundance.
2. Apples contain a large amount of water, allowing the body to reduce the metabolic load. Apples ease the body’s ability to digest and absorb. In addition, it helps the body excrete toxins.
3. According to natural medicine, apples treat and cure various problems such as: tooth decay, obesity, arthritis, anemia, gallstones, skin problems and insomnia.
4. Most of us are familiar with a limited number of apple varieties, but the world has over 7,500 different kinds of apples, all of which vary in color, taste, texture, shape, durability and even the climatic conditions to which they correspond
5. According to Chinese medicine, the apple reduces heat, moistening the lungs, lowers cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels, increases energy and strengthens the blood. It aids the spleen and liver, and even increases appetite.
6. Let’s move on to honey. Even though honey contains more calories than white sugar, but unlike sugar, it contains proteins, minerals (such as iron, copper, phosphorus, potassium and sodium), enzymes and B-vitamins. But most importantly: it is sweeter than sugar.
7. FYI – the darker the honey is, the more antioxidants it contains.
8. Due to its high phytochemical content, honey is used as an antiseptic and treats anti-inflammatory conditions as well as other problems such as dry cough, fungal and bacterial infections. It also neutralizes toxins from the body, soothes abdominal pain, constipation, canker sores in the mouth, hypertension and gingivitis.
9. Do you like adding honey to your tea? Think twice before you do it. Temperatures exceeding 40 degrees Celsius affect the medicinal qualities contained in honey. Therefore, it is recommended to eat a spoon of honey, instead of drinking it in tea.
10. Finally – an important tip: When you buy honey, look at the ingredients and make sure you are buying natural honey. Many manufacturers of honey products mix sugar, water, sweeteners, preservatives and flavorings into the honey, which damage its properties. Therefore, it is a good idea to make sure that the honey you buy is pure and natural.
And most importantly… May we have a sweet and delicious new year!