2. The Tzemach Tzedek said that Meron in Hebrew has the same letters as the initials Melech Rofeh Neeman Vrachman ‘a king who heals faithfully and compassionately’. And Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai has the same numerical value in Hebrew as ‘Revives the Dead’.
3. The Shem Shlomo said that anyone who wants children should ask for this in the blessing ‘heal us’ in the amidah prayer as the ability to have children is included in medicine.
4. The Minchas Elazar writes: “Lag BaOmer has mighty great strength and every prayer is accepted in the highest heavens on this day. Therefore everyone should ask for himself and the souls of his children that they should be as great as Rabbi Shimon Bar Yochai.”
5. The Pri Tzadik writes: ‘Since the lights of Torah were revealed on this day, anyone can merit the light of our Oral Law on this day.
6. The Sfat Emet says in the name of the Chiddushei HaRim that on Lag BaOmer you can acquire the fear of G-d. The Zohar says that even the biggest sinner who comes back can in one moment reach and merit all the lofty levels.
7. Rabbi Elimelech Biderman says: ‘Even if you don’t make it to Meron you can do great things from wherever you are for this is a great day for our G-d to accept our prayers and hear our cries in the merit of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai.’
8. Rabbi Shimon was so righteous he could acquit the whole world from judgment and you can rely on him whether you’re in Miron or anywhere to invoke his merit and have your prayers accepted.
9. Make sure when praying that you don’t pray to Rabbi Shimon. We are all meant to pray to G-d only! We pray to G-d and ask for His compassion in the merit of Rabbi Shimon bar Yochai.