1. The heart sends blood to 75,000,000,000,000 (75 trillion!) cells in our bodies! It beats about 100,000 times a day. In the average lifespan of 75 years it can beat 2.5 billion times.
2. The heart pumps the equivalent of 1.5 million barrels of blood in a lifetime.
3. The first heart cells begin to beat in a fetus at 4 weeks into the pregnancy.
4. The daily energy output of the heart is enough to move a truck 30 kilometers (18.64 miles)
5. The blood pressure exerted by the heart is so great that a blood from a burst artery (G-d forbid) can gush out a meter and a half high.
6. Heart ailments are the number one cause of death in the world.
7. Every drop of blood that just left the heart will be back in the heart in 23 seconds after completing its circuit around the body (and depositing its food and getting the waste products).
8. Feeling good, physical fitness and not worrying are proven to reduce heart disease.
9. A person ten kilograms overweight creates up to 22 miles (35.4 km) of additional blood vessels according to some estimates. These extra blood vessels add stress to the heart’s job forcing it to work harder.
10. Smokers have a 60%-70% percent greater chance of dying from a heart attack than non-smokers.