Chicken burgers are a great healthy option to add to the grilling menu. People have told me in the past that they hesitate to make them since they have a reputation for coming out dry. Not this one! The recipe also works well with ground meat for a really tasty traditional burger.
Juiciest Ever Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound ground chicken breast, or 1 pound ground chicken bottoms or dark meat (for a really moist burger), or ½ pound each
- 1 small or medium onion, finely minced
- 1 ½ stalks celery, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flavored bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
Place ground chicken in a mixing bowl.
In a food processor, using the S blade, mince the onion and celery into very tiny pieces, but not into a purée. Add to ground chicken. Add garlic, flavored bread crumbs, salt, and pepper.
Form into patties ½ inch to 1 inch in thickness. Grill for 6 minutes on each side.
Yield: 6 burgers
Top your burger with this special guacamole for that “wow” factor at your next barbecue! It adds loads of flavor and moistness. You will love it even on its own.
Chunky Tomato Guacamole
- 2 ripe avocados, cubed, diced, or slightly mashed
- 2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Cube, dice, or slightly mash the avocado. Place in a container. Add tomato and onion.
- Add lemon juice and garlic powder, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve fresh.